Cure and Seal Concrete Sealer Concentrate
From: $51.95 & Free Shipping
Our water based Cure and Seal Sealer penetrates into and becomes part of the concrete, resisting damage from sun and exposure.
Designed for freshly installed concrete while it is “green” or still wet.
Not susceptible to temperature, weather, or UV exposure.
One gallon covers 400 square feet. Full details below.
Free Shipping On Everything But Local Pickup Items!
- Order BEFORE 2:00PM CST and your item will be shipped today if in-stock.
- Contact our office for international shipping or to Hawaii or Alaska.
For application to fresh install concrete while is still green.
- 1 Gallon of ready to use sealer covers approximately 400 square feet.
- 5 Gallons of ready to use sealer covers approximately 1,000 square feet.
- 10 Gallons of ready to use sealer covers approximately 2,000 square feet.
Product is shipped in concentrate form for to save on shipping (Add water and is ready to use. Easy to apply.)
- Water based (not film forming), SealGreen Concrete Cure and Seal Siliconate Sealer with Salt Defense Technology becomes part of the concrete as opposed breaking down with the sun and exposure. Film forming sealers break down, wash off and contaminate our water table. SealGreen Concrete Cure and Seal is not susceptible to temperature, weather, or UV exposure.
- Contains no solvents or VOCs – SealGreen Concrete Cure and Seal is considered a true green product. It is applied while the concrete is finished but is still wet and green.
- Applied at a coverage rate of 200 – 250 square feet per gallon, SealGreen Cure and Seal requires NO waiting for concrete to support a person before application (on warm days this is critical to water evaporation).
- As it chemically reacts and penetrates into the concrete sealing pores immediately, SealGreen Concrete Cure and Seal allows for less water evaporation during curing time. Yet, SealGreen Concrete Cure and Seal still provides the needed 2% moisture vapor transmission rate while the chemical reaction increases the surface strength as measured in pounds per square inch.
- SealGreen Concrete Cure and Seal does not require special application equipment. Tools can be easily cleaned with water so there is no need for flammable cleaners. This ease of cleaning eliminates clogging of spray equipment which is common with film-forming products.
- It does not leave the uneven look from over and under spraying that occurs with film-forming cures. SealGreen Concrete Cure and Seal has no film on the surface which requires removal before applying a final flooring application.
- Mix concentrate product in a bucket of water and is ready to use product.
- Apply using a hand-held pump sprayer with a fan tip.
- Apply to concrete when the section of concrete is complete and is still wet.
- Applied at a coverage rate of 200 – 250 square feet per gallon
Why use a Chemically-Reactive Penetrating Cure and Seal Sealer
Maintaining the proper moisture vapor transmission rate (2% mvtr) immediately after placement and throughout the ensuing 28 days is critical to establishing structurally sound concrete. This process is known as curing.
For many years (now considered old school methodology) concrete was cured by continuously applying water to green concrete after installation was complete or by covering concrete with burlap blankets, moist straw, or plastic blankets to reduce excessive water evaporation which causes concrete to cure incorrectly. Due to the increase of labor costs, water-curing concrete for 14 to 28 days became economically impossible.
In the 1950’s the method of curing concrete with a film-forming curing sealer became very popular. The surface film sealers work well but at the same time they create a problem for concrete surfaces that were eventually going to be stained, painted or covered with some type of flooring. The curing film had to be mechanically removed from the concrete surface in order to allow other coatings to be applied to the concrete without problems.
In the 1990’s the US government started testing and curing concrete with chemically-reactive penetrating curing sealers. After several tests, they discovered the many benefits gained from this new generation of sealer. The sealers were applied to bridges, airport runways, roads, parking lots.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.